Share your input on the city’s active transportation plan that will improve safety and mobility for people who walk, bike and use public transportation in Fort Worth.
Meetings are scheduled for:
- Jan. 24, 6 p.m. at Central Library, 500 West Third.
- Jan. 28, 6 p.m. at Northwest Regional Library, 6228 Crystal Lake Drive.
- Jan. 29, 6:45 p.m. at Martin Luther King Jr. Community Center, 5565 Truman Drive.
- Jan. 31, 6 p.m. at Southwest Regional Library, 4001 Library Lane.
The city has partnered with the North Central Texas Council of Governments with support through the Blue Zones Project to create an active transportation plan. Active transportation is transportation powered by human energy (walking and biking). The active transportation plan’s network will include bicycle and pedestrian facilities, as well as connections to the public transportation system, allowing people to get around the city without a car.
Coordinating this plan with public transportation is important because these trips often start or end with walking or biking. These are essential connections for people who walk (including people who use mobility devices) and bike.
This plan will integrate and update previous planning efforts such as the Walk Fort Worth and Bike Fort Worth plans, develop the first Trails Master Plan, and provide coordination with the regional Transit Master Plan. The result will be a unified, citywide transportation network for people who walk and bike, with a coordinated implementation strategy for planning, prioritizing and building improvements.
For those who are unable to attend, an online presentation from the Jan. 24 public meeting will be available for viewing.
To learn more, contact Julia Ryan at 817-392-2593.
Get articles like this in your inbox weekly. Subscribe to City News
- Take action on your Municipal Court cases during Warrant Forgiveness Month
- TEXRail ridership exceeds 11,000 in opening weekend
- MLK memorial to be unveiled downtown
- Sales tax collections up 6.9 percent in November
- Martin Luther King Jr. Day closing schedule
- More News »
Golden Triangle Boulevard & Harmon Road Roundabout Project Meeting: 7 p.m. Jan. 21, 2019; O.A. Peterson Elementary School Gym, 2000 Winter Hawk Drive.
Canceled City Council Work Session: 3 p.m. Jan. 22, 2019; City Council Conference Room 290, Second Floor, City Hall, 200 Texas Street.
Civil Service Commission: 6 p.m. Jan. 22, 2019; Bob Bolen Public Safety Complex, Auditorium, 505 West Felix Street, Fort Worth, Texas 76115.
View the agenda »
Canceled City Council Meeting: 7 p.m. Jan. 22, 2019; City Council Chambers, Second Floor, City Hall, 200 Texas Street.