Want to have a splash at the pool this summer while earning some extra money and gaining valuable workplace experience? Try out to become a lifeguard at one of the City of Fort Worth’s aquatic facilities.
Interested applicants must pass a mandatory tryout before they can take the American Red Cross lifeguard certification course. This tryout involves three challenges:
- Completing a 300-meter swim (front crawl or breast stroke).
- Treading water for two minutes without using hands.
- Retrieving a brick from a depth of 10 feet below the water’s surface.
Once an applicant passes the mandatory tryout, they will complete the American Red Cross lifeguard certification course. These classes will be held on weekends from 6-10 p.m. Fridays and Saturdays, and 2-10 p.m. Sundays. A complete schedule will be available once the applicant successfully completes the tryout.
Tryouts will be held on Fridays and Saturdays between January and April at the Texas Wesleyan University indoor pool, located in the Sid Richardson Building, 1101 Collard St.
Participants must be 15 years old to take the class, and 16 years old to work for the City of Fort Worth.
A complete list of dates and times for tryouts is available on the Lifeguard Certification page. To learn more, call 817-392-5700.
Get articles like this in your inbox weekly. Subscribe to City News
- Take action on your Municipal Court cases during Warrant Forgiveness Month
- TEXRail ridership exceeds 11,000 in opening weekend
- MLK memorial to be unveiled downtown
- Sales tax collections up 6.9 percent in November
- Martin Luther King Jr. Day closing schedule
- More News »
Golden Triangle Boulevard & Harmon Road Roundabout Project Meeting: 7 p.m. Jan. 21, 2019; O.A. Peterson Elementary School Gym, 2000 Winter Hawk Drive.
Canceled City Council Work Session: 3 p.m. Jan. 22, 2019; City Council Conference Room 290, Second Floor, City Hall, 200 Texas Street.
Civil Service Commission: 6 p.m. Jan. 22, 2019; Bob Bolen Public Safety Complex, Auditorium, 505 West Felix Street, Fort Worth, Texas 76115.
View the agenda »
Canceled City Council Meeting: 7 p.m. Jan. 22, 2019; City Council Chambers, Second Floor, City Hall, 200 Texas Street.