Fort Worth’s net sales tax collections in August totaled $12,759,252, up from August 2017 by $892,778, or 7.5 percent.
So far this fiscal year, sales tax collections are up 6 percent.
The city anticipates collecting $156,118,730 by fiscal year end.
Sales tax revenue represents 22.7 percent of the city’s General Fund budget. This is the second largest revenue source, with property taxes being the largest.
For the Crime Control and Prevention District, sales tax revenue represents the largest revenue source.
Get articles like this in your inbox weekly. Subscribe to City News
- Local floodplain policy to help protect what matters
- Tips for a safe Thanksgiving holiday
- Economic Development team members honored by DFW Minority Supplier Development Council
- Learn about improvements in the Ash Crescent neighborhood
- Giving thanks with the earth in mind
- More News »
Thanksgiving Dinner at Como: 6:30 p.m. Nov. 21, 2018; Como Community Center, 4900 Horne St.
Notice of Possible Quorum Board of Dorectors of TIF 8: 1 p.m. Nov. 26, 2018; Site Tour Around T&P Terminal Building, 221 W. Lancaster Ave.
View the agenda »