Fort Worth is the sixth-fastest growing large city in America, according to WalletHub, a financial advice site.
The new list is based on a slew of metrics that helped demographers figure out where the fastest local economic growth has occurred around the country. Specifically, they compared 515 cities of varying population sizes using 15 key data points, like working-age population growth, job growth, poverty rate decrease, median house price growth and building permit activity growth.
Large cities that ranked above Fort Worth in growth are Austin (No. 1), Miami, Seattle, Charlotte and Denver.
Get articles like this in your inbox weekly. Subscribe to City News
- Local floodplain policy to help protect what matters
- Tips for a safe Thanksgiving holiday
- Economic Development team members honored by DFW Minority Supplier Development Council
- Learn about improvements in the Ash Crescent neighborhood
- Giving thanks with the earth in mind
- More News »
Thanksgiving Dinner at Como: 6:30 p.m. Nov. 21, 2018; Como Community Center, 4900 Horne St.
Notice of Possible Quorum Board of Dorectors of TIF 8: 1 p.m. Nov. 26, 2018; Site Tour Around T&P Terminal Building, 221 W. Lancaster Ave.
View the agenda »