The Downtown Ambassadors continue to make an impact on hospitality and safety in the central business district.
Downtown Fort Worth Inc. (DFWI) added Downtown Ambassadors to the services provided by the downtown Public Improvement District (PID). The Ambassadors circulate throughout downtown in their vibrant green pickup, on foot, on bicycles and on Segways to help visitors, create a friendly and welcoming environment and add extra eyes and ears on the street.
Between April and June of this year, the ambassadors:
- Made 4,935 business contacts.
- Reported 843 cases of graffiti and stickers.
- Provided hospitality assists to 12,725 residents and visitors.
- Provided 101 safety escorts.
- Reached out to homeless people 917 times.
- Assisted motorists 79 times.
To fund the program, the City Council approved a downtown PID assessment rate increase from 10 cents per $100 of value on taxable downtown properties to 12.5 cents. DFWI manages the PID and has been working with downtown property owners for nearly a year to develop this new program.
The crew is on duty downtown from 7 a.m.-midnight, seven days a week. Contact the on-duty supervisor at 817-484-3723.
Get articles like this in your inbox weekly. Subscribe to City News
- Take action on your Municipal Court cases during Warrant Forgiveness Month
- TEXRail ridership exceeds 11,000 in opening weekend
- MLK memorial to be unveiled downtown
- Sales tax collections up 6.9 percent in November
- Martin Luther King Jr. Day closing schedule
- More News »
Golden Triangle Boulevard & Harmon Road Roundabout Project Meeting: 7 p.m. Jan. 21, 2019; O.A. Peterson Elementary School Gym, 2000 Winter Hawk Drive.
Canceled City Council Work Session: 3 p.m. Jan. 22, 2019; City Council Conference Room 290, Second Floor, City Hall, 200 Texas Street.
Civil Service Commission: 6 p.m. Jan. 22, 2019; Bob Bolen Public Safety Complex, Auditorium, 505 West Felix Street, Fort Worth, Texas 76115.
View the agenda »
Canceled City Council Meeting: 7 p.m. Jan. 22, 2019; City Council Chambers, Second Floor, City Hall, 200 Texas Street.